Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Here's my heart, take and seal it.....

Today I will start another 30 day writing challenge. Last time I did this, in July, I simply wrote every day about nothing and everything, and while I'm sure it was terribly riveting for everyone, this time I'll infuse slightly more structure by adding prompts.

I know, am I in high school? Whats with the prompts? Well, I need to focus, and my days just are interesting enough to write a whole thing about every day. Although, I have a working title for a book called "Driveways and Kitchen Tables." Don't worry, though, I reserve the right to change a prompt whenever I want, which might be a lot. I do what I want. Don't even worry.

Tonights prompt, we're starting off a little lame, but whateves, let's be a little fluffy today:

Five Ways to Win My Heart:

Before I begin, I must tell you, that once you've won my heart, you're there for good. I tend to make big ridiculous commitments like that. This list goes for anyone, not just my potential suitors that are lined up outside my door. Calm down, boys, there's plenty of time....:)

so, if you wanna be my friend, if you're just interested in what i think is important, or if you wanna marry me, then read on.....

1. Sense of humor. If you know me, you know i like funny. I like people who are quick and sassy and can roll with what's happening and can keep up with me. We don't have to laugh at the same things (though, that's helpful) but you have to be able to laugh at something, and you have to be able to take a joke, and some teasing because it's my love language. If i don't like you, i won't mess with you because it's not worth my time. That sounds way more sassy than it's intended.

2. Love Jesus and other people. There is nothing more beautiful that a strong faith and a deep love for making the world a better place. You wanna be my people. love people well, even when it's hard or awkward or confusing. Be nice. Help when you can.  listen to God and be obedient as best you can. I like people who are on fire for Jesus and just want to do a lot of good but without caring if anyone notices.

3. Don't be perfect. I don't like that. be clumsy or messy and sing the wrong words to songs. have some stories to tell, cry some tears, and have some scars because i kind of think that's what good stories worth telling look like. I also think it's when you see how Jesus works the most.

4. Have and appreciation for pop culture. Music, moves, trendy coffee shops. i love it all. So...climb on board.

5. Be real. Swear. spend some weekends in bed without answering the phone. have one favorite pair of jeans, forget to call people back....whatever it is that makes you who you are. Be ok with, and don't hide it. i like quirky. I think that's what makes people beautiful.

So...there's my list. It's short. it's sweet and it's not all that interesting, but if you want to win my heart. Be nice. laugh. Love jesus, and do you the best way you can.

and to be honest, i'm still learning how to do all these things, but it's always nice to have people in your same boat, who can help, and be honest, and commiserate when necessary.

until tomorrow, world. good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment