Thursday, September 26, 2013

And you can tell everybody, that this is your song......

Today's topic: music.

ok, I'm apparently very into lists this week. Today's topic is turn our media play on shuffle and make a list of the first 12 songs that play.

I'm already cheating, i'm just going to warn you. I will shuffle my fall play list on spotify and tell you which songs come up. Maybe I'll have commentary on the songs, maybe i wont. We'll just have to see.


1. Basket Case- Sara Bareilles. So short story: My first day ever of student teaching, i met and fell in love with 120 7th graders on the "Rising Stars" team at Chippewa Middle School. During 9th hour, the last hour of the day, Kelsey Parks raises her hand and says "you know what would be awesome? If your first names was 'Basket'" everyone laughed and she quickly became one of my favorite students ever. So...this song, well, the title anyway, make me think of Kelsey, who is now a freshmen in college, and i feel old.

2. Jealous of the Moon- Nickle Creek  I just have a secret love for bluegrass and I fell in love with Nickle Creek in college. Sweet Afton is my favorite song. I'm pretty sure the band has broken up, which is a shame, because they're really fun to listen to on fall days.

3. Are We There Yet- Ingrid Michaelson- I LOVE HER. she's just one of my faves. I've seen her in concert twice and she is funny, and quirky and amazing live.

4. Angela- Missy Higgins.- I really like Missy. My good friend Amy loves her and made me a cd in college with her on it, and i think of Amy when I hear Missy. I just really like the melody, and i love her voice.

5. Don't know Why- Nora Jones-  I don't know why these are all girls, i actually have more male artists on this list than female but they're all coming out of the woodwork now. I love nora jones. This reminds me of high school.

6.  Night Train- Amos Lee- I love Amos Lee. Good memories of college. I love his voice, except that he doesn't smile when he performs.

7.  Sunday Kind of Love- Etta James.  This is one of my favorite song of all time. love it. I also think it's hilarious that Etta James does not like Beyonce, even though Beyonce played Etta in Cadillac Records. Hilar. Etta James is old and feisty.

8. Summer is Over- Jon Mclaughlin - be still my heart this boy plays piano, has an incredible voice and is beautiful. This is a duet with Sara bareilles as if i needed more reason to love it.  just shut up about it.  I can't. even.

9. Don't Settle- Ben Kyle  I love Ben Kyle, he's Irish. he writes about the Twin Cities, he was AT randy and Rita's house, I've seen him live with the lindstedts and brad. and Rita gave me his album for my birthday. such.good.memories.

10.  Just a Kiss- Lady A. I just really love them.

11. Say You'll Stay- Melissa Polinar. Melissa and I have basically the same taste in music. We both like Melissa Polinar. This reminds me of Melissa.

12.  Save the Last Dance for Me- Michael Buble-  I love him. I love old classics. This song reminds me of being super sick my junior year of college and one of my friend driving all the way from Madison to come see me and we went to see the Wedding Date, which is adorable and most of the songs in the movie are buble.

so there you have it. a little insight into what i listen to in fall. Although you should know that i listen to Katy Perry on the regular and most of the time "hummingbird heartbeat" and "roar" are on repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment